Turkey opens the doors of its universities for international students from all around the world with “Türkiye Scholarships”. Apart from providing educational opportunities at an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience, Turkey offers scholarships to study in the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
Course Level: Programs open for application are: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs.
Number of Scholarships: A number of scholarships are available
Scholarship can be taken in Turkey
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
Entrance Requirements: Undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
All Türkiye Scholarships awardees who do not possess C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language taught programs) must attend a 1-year Turkish Preparatory Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.
Eligible Groups: Citizens of all countries, Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before September 2019), and Researchers and academicians
Non-Eligible Groups: Turkish citizens and those who have lost Turkish citizenship. Students already registered in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying for.
- Minimum Academic Criteria:
- Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
- Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%
- Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
- To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
- To be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
- To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
As part of 2019 application and evaluation process, in order to facilitate and quicken the later stages of your admission, provided that it is not a requirement, all candidates planning to apply this year are strongly advised to make their application with a valid passport as their ID document, or at least hold and present a valid passport during the scholarship interviews.
- A valid National Identification Document or a valid Passport
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university & program)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)
Scholarship Application Deadline: 20 February 2019