The University of Groningen is delighted to offer fully funded 4-year PhD position in Energy and Environmental Studies: energy-complexity nexus. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme..
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria: We are looking for a motivated, practically skilful student with a BSc in Physics and an MSc degree in related subjects and a strong interest in the energy-environmental issue. A background in physics of complex systems physics or statistical physics will be considered an asset. Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English) are required.
Method of Application: You may apply for this position until 30 August 23.59h / before 31 August 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
Please upload your complete application in English as a single PDF-file.
The submission should contain the following:
1. a cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation and qualifications
2. A full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of your passport
3. The PhD student will be enrolled in the PhD Scholarship Programme and receive a scholarship of € 2,099 per month (gross) from the University of Groningen for a period of four years. A certified copy or scan of your MSc diploma (or equivalent; provide a certified University letter stating when your graduation will be if between the application deadline and start of the project) and academic records and Proof of sufficient competence in English
4. Names and contact details of two academic references
5. A research idea of 500 words. After the initial selection, only top candidates for the position will be invited to independently write a research proposal of no more than 2 pages in the context of the indicated research direction as listed above.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Scholarship Application Deadline: August 30, 2018