The University of Westminster is proud to provide a Distant Horizons Awards for undergraduate students who want to take part in academic or employability-related events or activities overseas.
Course Level: The scholarships are open to study at the undergraduate level course.
Study Subject: The scholarships are available to any degree program.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship award Up to £1,500.
Scholarship can be taken in the United Kingdom
Eligible Countries: International students are invited to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: The travel awards are only open to undergraduate students studying at the University of Westminster.
- The travel must take place internationally and must be completed by 31 August 2019.
- The overseas activity must be at least 5 days long. Erasmus+ grant recipients are not eligible for the award.
Method of Application:
- Make a strong case that the travel will benefit you either academically or in your career. Proof of costs must be provided.
- Preference will be given to students who: are taking part in a semester or year abroad program, are receiving the Distant Horizons Award for the first time, are not returning to their home country for the overseas activity.
- In order to promote overseas mobility to groups which are statistically less likely to undertake such actions, the University also has a number of ring-fenced funds within Distant Horizons.
- Students initially will self-select to be considered for these funds – evidence of eligibility may be requested at a later date if your application is successful.
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must download the application form below and follow the instructions on the form.
- For Distant Horizon awards application form: https://www.westminster.ac.uk/sites/default/public-files/general-documents/distant-horizons-award-application-form.docx
- For Overseas trip risk assessment form: https://www.westminster.ac.uk/sites/default/public-files/general-documents/overseas-field-trip-risk-assessment-form.docx
Scholarship Application Deadline: February 1, 2019.