The Gordon Memorial College Trust Fund awards scholarships to Sudanese and South Sudanese nationals studying a postgraduate course in the UK who plan to return to Sudan at the end of their studies. Organisations undertaking educational activities and projects in South Sudan and Sudan are also eligible for funding.
- In awarding grants, priority will be given to students who are already enrolled on a course in the UK, rather than those wanting to embark on new postgraduate courses.
- A letter of support from the student’s course supervisor is essential. Applications will not be considered without such a letter.
- In awarding grants, preference will be given to those applicants whose chosen courses will enable them to contribute to the skills base of South Sudan or Sudan, and who demonstrate their intention to return to South Sudan or Sudan after their studies.
- No support can be given for dependent relatives.
- Organisations undertaking educational activities and projects in South Sudan and Sudan are also eligible for funding.
Value of Award: Grants may be given towards the cost of course fees, and/or food and accommodation, and occasionally for other academic expenses, such as books.
Duration of Program: Grants are only made for one year at a time.
Method of Application:
- If you wish to apply to the Trust Fund for financial support, please read the Advice to Applicants, refer to the Timetable, and complete and submit the Application Format the appropriate time.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 28th February 2019.