The Limerick Institute of Technology is offering its first call for GRO Research Scholarships for the academic year 2018 – 2019. This scholarship is available for international applicants.
Limerick Institute of Technology is an institution of higher education in Limerick, Ireland and is one of 14 member institutions of the Technological Higher Education Association. LIT has a distinctive approach to Teaching and Learning known as the Active Learning philosophy. Whatever discipline area is offered the core methodology is active and practical; lab work, studio work, case studies, field visits, group assignments and more.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Master by research programme.
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for international applicants.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Level 8 Honours Degree in an appropriate field of study is essential (Grade 1:1 degree preferable, applications considered with a Grade 2:2 or higher with relevant experience),
- Experience of advanced research and relevant work experience
- Commitment to a 24-month programme of study and research full-time
- Self-motivated with an ability to be self-directed in much of their own work
- Able to plan work over longer periods and have strong writing and analytical skills
- Interest in pursuing a career in academia and/or research
- Interest in pursuing postgraduate studies in areas related to contemporary art, moving image and lens-based media, and Utopian Studies.
Method of Application: Application forms to be emailed to the Graduate Studies and Research Office, LIT. Email: graduatestudies-at-lit.ie.
Scholarship Application Deadline: October 7, 2018