The Universitat Hamburg is offering merit scholarship program to support outstanding international students and doctoral researchers of all subjects and degree levels who have been actively involved in an international context.
Course Level: The merit scholarship is open to international students twenty-nine years or younger pursuing a magister, bachelor’s, or master’s degree, or those thirty-three years or younger pursuing a doctoral degree.
Eligible Countries: Doctoral candidates from all over the world are eligible to apply.
- Are pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg and have been enrolled in your degree program for at least 2 semesters;
- Do not hold German citizenship;
- Are not eligible for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG);
- Demonstrate good to excellent academic performance;
- are prepared to get actively involved in Universität Hamburg’s internationalization;
- will reside in Hamburg during the entire funding period;
- are in financial need.
Method of Application: Follow the link for your chosen application period and log in using your STiNE ID—detailed instructions on completing the online application are available here (PDF):
You will then be invited to register and to complete your application.
You must upload the following documents to the online application portal:
- Tabular CV
- Letter of motivation with a PIASTA project proposal (see FAQs) and justifying your need
- Proof of international social and/or political activities
- Record of achievements: STiNE printout or list of course certificates
- Master’s students and doctoral researchers, submit your final certificate. Use this template(PDF) to list your academic achievements if they are not recorded in STiNE.
- Evaluations from 2 professors or junior professors at Universität Hamburg. In justified cases, other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also prepare evaluations.
- Template: evaluation form (PDF)
- Only applications completed in full and submitted by the application deadline can be considered. Therefore, begin compiling your application documents early on and have these ready to upload to the application portal.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 15 October 2018