The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture & Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA = the EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) who wish to pursue a master’s degree in Holland.
Course Level: Masters
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): The Netherlands
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for a Holland Scholarship, you must
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Never before have been enrolled at an educational institution in the Netherlands
- Have applied for an international master’s programme at Utrecht University with a start date of September 1, 2019
- Meet the specific entry requirements of the programme
Selection Criteria: Your application will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic background as demonstrated in your application to the Master’s programme
- Your motivation explaining the relevance of your time in the Netherlands and at Utrecht University to your future goals
- The quality and feasibility of your financial plan
Number of Awards: 23 scholarships are available for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Value and Duration of Award: The scholarship amounts to € 5,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies as a single disbursement, even if you are enrolled in a two year programme.
Method of Application:
- Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Master’s programme as well.
- Go through more information in the Programme Webpage (see link below)
Scholarship Application Deadline: 1st February 2019 (00:00 Dutch time).