Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide.
Your main responsibility will be to establish and manage a nutrition and health program integrating a mental health and care practices component (MHCP), community approaches “Integrated Community Case Management” (iCCM +) and MUAC/Oedemas Mothers.
More precisely, you will be in charge of:
– Establish and supervise activities in the framework of nutritional projects; management of the project cycle in nutrition and health, meeting the objectives of AAH in the health centres dealing with malnutrition, the quality of the programme for which you are responsible of, …
– Organise staff development programmes for the ACTION AGAINST HUNGER teams; evaluation of the technical skill level of the AAH teams, identification of training needs, skills development, and ensuring the quality and pertinence of training programmes established for the AAH teams
– Train and manage the programme team
– Develop and direct operations
– Represent AAH and develop local partnerships
You hold a degree in nursing, or general medicine, with two years or more of professional experience in a similar Health and Nutrition programme management role, with at least a year of experience in an emergency context.
Furthermore, you have a confirmed experience in managing, capacity building and the transfer of knowledge to your teams.
You have an excellent knowledge of the english language, the project cycle management, and strong analytical, synthesis, and writing skills.
A former ACF experience, an understanding of the Cameroun context,and a good knowledge of the community health & nutrition approaches will be considered as an asset for this position.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
This position is opened to both national and international candidates.
– 10 months fixed term contract under French or Cameroun legislation
– Competitive remuneration according to ACF policies.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
- Job City Cameroon