Créée en 1979, Action contre la Faim est une organisation non gouvernementale internationale qui lutte contre la faim dans le monde. Sa charte des principes humanitaires – indépendance, neutralité, non-discrimination, accès libre et direct aux victimes, professionnalisme, transparence – fonde son identité depuis plus de 40 ans. Sa mission est de sauver des vies en éliminant la faim par la prévention, la détection et le traitement de la sous-nutrition, en particulier pendant et après les situations d’urgence liées aux conflits et aux catastrophes naturelles. Action contre la Faim coordonne ses programmes autour de 5 domaines d’activités : Nutrition et Santé – Santé Mentale, Soutien Psychosocial et Protection – Sécurité Alimentaire et Moyens d’Existence – Eau, Assainissement et Hygiène – Plaidoyer. En 2021, Action contre la Faim est venue en aide à plus de 25 millions de personnes dans 46 pays à travers le monde.
Action Contre La Faim ACF) has been operational since 2010 in Northeast and has been able to successfully implement integrated programs in Nutrition, Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) and Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Further, the mission has expanded its programs in the wake of conflict in Borno state since 2017, focusing on long term sustainable programs focused on system strengthening for Health, WASH, Social Protection, and Agriculture sectors. The mission is currently in the process to launch response in the Northwest?Nigeria. In 2018,?ACF launched the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) in Nigeria in an effort to address the urgent humanitarian assistance to the displaced populations in Northern Nigeria. With this approach, ACF is among the lead agency that is currently reaching the NE &NW regions with Rapid Humanitarian assistance for to the conflict and other disaster affected population. Currently, without conspiring LGAs reached on RRM modality, ACF is providing an integrated humanitarian response in Yobe State (12 Local Government Areas (LGAs), Borno (11 LGAs), Bauchi (2 LGAs) and Jigawa (6 LGAs) with partial presence in Kano. Despite the remarkable achievements in humanitarian sector, ACF, as other humanitarian actors, has been continuously affected by the shrinking humanitarian space.
Project Types : Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods and Water Sanitation and Hygiene
The mission currently employs 25 international and 345 national staff, working from the coordination office in Abuja, field offices in Maiduguri, Potiskum, Dutse and Bade to address the humanitarian needs of the population.
VOTRE POSTE ET VOS RESPONSABILITÉS
As WASH Head of Department, you will lead the development of WASH Country strategy in line with the country strategy for effective implementation of WASH Programs in the mission.
More specifically, you will :
– Coordinate the identification of needs and formulation of project proposals;
– Provide technical support and coordination for long-term WASH and electrification projects;
– Ensure that research, technical studies and innovative projects related to WASH are conducted;
– Ensure the active participation of Action Against Hunger in national sectorial coordination and technical forums, and develop sectorial partnerships;
– Manage the Deputy WASH Head of Department and bring technical support to the WASH Program Managers.
– Degree in Water Engineering/Construction Engineering/Public Health with experience in water, sanitation, hygiene and health education projects with over 3 years of experience OR; Relevant degree with at least 5 years’ experience in project management, preferably in a humanitarian context; Experience can be considered in lieu of academic qualification, but not vice-a-versa;
– Interest and/or experience in hygiene education and training and/or community led methodologies;
– Demonstrated previous experience in and strong proposal writing and donor reporting skills;
– Demonstrated experience in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming;
– Experience in security volatile context
– Proficient in MS Office Applications.
VOS CONDITIONS D’EMPLOI
– 12 months fixed term contract under French or Nigerian law
– Remuneration package and competitive benefits.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
- Job City Nigeria