The World Health Organization (WHO) is the United Nations’ agency for health. WHO has 147 country offices and six regional offices. The headquarters is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
Contract duration Two (2) Years
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Country Support Unit (CSU) have been established in the organizational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
PURPOSE OF THE POST
Within the General Management Cluster (GMC), to provide Admin/Registry Clerk support to the WHO Country Support Unit staff.
Description Of Duties
The incumbent performs the following duties:
- Manages the Front Office in professional manner so as to give good image to the WHO Country Support Unit and the World Health Organization in general.
- Places, receives, screens and directs telephone calls/ requests as appropriate and records messages as necessary.
- Manages the Conference Room by maintaining booking schedule of meetings including ensuring that the equipment in the Conference Room is in serviceable condition as all times.
- Receives and directs visitors as appropriate maintains register of all visitors.
- Ensures that the telephone and fax lines and the equipment are always in good working order/ condition, and reports any faults to the service providers; maintains maintenance record of the telephone / fax equipment.
- Prepares summary of monthly telephone bills and raises bills for private calls. Assists with performing duties of secretarial nature as requested.
- Maintains daily attendance record of the staff.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent technical or commercial education.
- Desirable: Training in finance, audit, compliance, procurement, secretarial tasks and/or in an administrative field is desirable.
- Essential: At least two (2) years of relevant working experience as a Receptionist
- Desirable: UN experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of switchboard and registry maintenance;
- Ability to read, write and understand instructions in the working language;
- Basic word processing or other software packages and standard office equipment. Formal or self-training in the use of standard office software
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Use Of Language Skills
Essential: Very good knowledge of English with intermediate knowledge of French
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at ZAR 146,685 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- Job City Gauteng