Background John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Strengthening Egypt’s Family Planning Program (SEFPP). Led by JSI in partnership with the Busara Center for Behavioral Economics, Center for Development Services, and Population Council, the program works in the nine governorates of Upper Egypt and the slum areas of Cairo and Alexandria. SEFPP is designed to provide technical assistance and training in support of Egypt’s Family Planning/Reproductive Health (FP/RH) Program with a focus on increasing demand for FP services and improving the quality of services to lead to positive change in contraceptive use over time. Job Summary The SEFPP Chief of Party (COP), who will have deep knowledge and experience managing family planning and reproductive health programs, will be a full-time position based in Cairo, Egypt. S/he will serve as the primary management and technical officer providing leadership and coordination in strategic planning, program development and management, and oversight of the financial management, technical implementation and monitoring functions supported by SEFPP. The COP will maintain excellent working relationships with the program’s sub-partners and other key stakeholders from the Ministry of Health and Population (MOHP), National Population Council (NPC) and USAID/Egypt, as well as the various development partners, civil society, and professional organizations. S/he will directly supervise the work of the SBCC Director, Service Delivery Director, Finance & Operations Director and Strategic Information Director. The COP will report to the Senior Advisor at the JSI home office.
- Guide, encourage, and oversee all aspects of program management, both technical and financial;
- Oversee and coordinate JSI and partner staff;
- Serve as leader of the Senior Management Team (SMT);
- Work closely with the SMT and sub-partners to ensure quality standards capacity building of technical assistance support provided through SEFPP is maintained at the highest level;
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance, as well as technical oversight and support to the team;
- Ensure compliance with all required USAID/USG, GOE and JSI rules and regulations;
- Provide technical oversight and support to the program’s technical teams;
- Serve as the program’s primary liaison with the MOHP, NPC, USAID/Egypt, JSI home office, sub-partners, other donors, and multilateral and INGO partners;
- Monitor annual work plans and monitoring and evaluation plan to ensure that the program is meeting goals, and analyze and resolve reasons for any delays;
- Collaborate with other programs in Egypt;
- Ensure regular reporting to USAID and timely submission of deliverables as required under the cooperative agreement; and
- Encourage the conduction of innovative studies and activities as appropriate to complement the program’s core activities and goals.
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, social sciences or related field, or a medical degree;
- Minimum 15 years of experience in managing international programs related to health and FP/RH, organizational performance improvement and training;
- Demonstrated leadership skills in working collaboratively with other donors, host country institutions and international organizations;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and strategic capabilities;
- Documented experience working in Egypt or the Middle East region;
- Working knowledge of relevant USAID and USG policies, strategies, requirements and familiarity with current USAID Global Health (GH) Bureau priorities including Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance, and other RH/FP implemented globally;
- Excellent organizational, analytical and oral and written communication skills; and
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 04/03/2020.
- Job City Cairo