Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Collage Accountant who will be responsible for journalizing, receiving payments and posting of various accounts in the Vocational Training Collage.
What we provide…
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
As a Collage Accountant, you will be in charge of the following:
- Reviewing payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices.
- Reviewing accounts on regular basis to ensure the balances are complete and accurate;
- Recording financial transactions, and reporting requirements as required by the Program Accountant.
- Ensuring accuracy of supporting documentation for accounting records;
- Organizing and maintaining filling system;
- Preparing payroll and arranging for timely payment
- Assisting in inventory and control of assets and stock items
- Assisting the Program Accountant & Finance Manager in the Implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the organization.
Up for the challenge…
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BA Degree in Accounting
- Basic Computer Skills such as MS Work, MS Windows, and MS Excel.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
- Report writing skill
- Planning and organizing skill
- Experience working with accounting software
- Teamwork and collaboration skill
- Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service
- Prior INGO Experience
How to Apply
Excited to take on a new Challenge…
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
“Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people.”
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an Equal Employment Opportunity Provider
- Job City Addis Ababa