Leading the implementation of organization’s editorial calendar
• Working alongside the Communications Director to create multi-media content as outlined in editorial calendar;
• Writing blog posts, story pitches, and other communications products highlighting Organisation’s work and impact;
• Scheduling content for distribution on social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook;
• Managing organization’s social media accounts and inboxes;
• Performing basic maintenance on the Organisation website as needed;
• Working with the Communications Director to manage and execute a segmented email marketing strategy
Tracking and reporting on Key Performance Indicators
• Monitoring and generating reports on Key Performance Indicators including engagement, reach, post and profile performance, and growth for each of Organisation’s social media profiles;
• Monitoring and generating reports on website traffic using Google Analytics;
• Compiling time reports for the Communications Director and Chief Development and Marketing Manager to share progress;
• Working with the Communications Director analyse and document learnings from KPIs.
Communications Strategy Coordination and Support
• Support in the implementation of special communications strategies, initiatives, and campaigns;
• Working with the Communications Director to translate participant profiles into compelling multi-media storytelling;
• Working with counterparts from peer organizations or funders to manage BOMA’s presence and participation in partner communications;
• Assisting with the maintenance of general BOMA email inboxes;
• Collaborate with other BOMA departments to develop content and/or achieve shared objectives;
• Assisting the Communications Director with ensuring that all communications and marketing material aligns with brand standards;
• Working with the Communications Director to perform media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications;
• Using BOMA’s branding and imagery to design compelling email, social, and other content for distribution to donors, partners, and more;
• Maintaining digital media archives including photos and videos;
• Maintaining updated contact lists and segments in MailChim
Content collection in the Field
• Working with BOMA’s programs and logistics teams to plan and execute trips to the field in order to document BOMA’s work and collect participant testimony; act as a liaison between program and communications activities;
• Working with the Communications Director to identify and develop multimedia stories for broader distribution in line with BOMA’s editorial calendar and other objectives;
• Collecting content for partner or funder communications and reporting as needed;
• Collecting photo and video content for use on social media and in other communications;
• Reviewing collected content for accuracy and quality;
• Translating the collected content for multiple platforms and audiences.
• Supporting the Communications Director and Chief Development and Marketing Officer with coordinating and conducting media visits;
• Working with the Communications Director to produce an updated press kit, ensure the kit is kept up to date;
• Maintaining a media list;
• Engaging and working with journalists, photographers, and filmmakers;
• Creating new media contacts for BOMA;
• Pitching stories to media and support journalists, photographers and filmmakers in story development as needed;
• Training the staff on how to speak to the media;
• Working with BOMA staff and leadership team to draft talking points and prepare for planned media engagements as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism or a related discipline
• 7+ progressive years work experience with 2 years in a similar role – managing a communications function.
• Impeccable writing and editorial skills
• Knowledge of WordPress preferred;
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.);
• Experience with social media management across multiple platforms;
• Occasional travel to remote areas and other operational areas of implementation. Experience working in an INGO will be an added advantage
Qualified candidates to apply via email [email protected] clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject as “Communications Manager” by COB 3 rd February 2023.
Due to the urgency, application will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Career Management Centre is a proud equal opportunity agency and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis