Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide.
To replace current DHOD Procurement who will be on leave and acting as HOD Logistics we are looking for a Deputy HOD procurement The Deputy HOD procurement will be responsible to:
– Contribute to the definition, implementation and revisions of mission procurement strategies
– Coordinate mission procurement activities
– Ensure compliance of purchasing activities in compliance with ACF and relevant donors procedures.
– Guarantee the procurement performance on the mission
– A Bachelor degree in Business Administration OR Logistics OR Purchasing and Supply.
– Certification in CIPS, Supply or Logistics desirable.
– Min 3 years’ extensive experience in procurement and/or logistics capacity management and coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work;
– Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs;
– Excellent people management skills combined with the ability and desire to further develop staff capacity;
– Strong Organization and management skills combined with the ability to coordinate a diverse range of people and responsibilities;
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 12 months fixed term contract under French (for internationals)
Terms under French contract :
– Monthly gross salary from 2130EUR to 2475EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 754EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 150EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
- Job City Nigeria