About Qatar Charity
Qatar Charity (QC) is a leading Gulf-origin nongovernmental organization dedicated to carrying out humanitarian and development programs to fight global poverty by working in partnership with vulnerable communities regardless of faith, race, gender or political beliefs. Qatar Charity enables people to survive, recover and rebuild their lives while also empowering them to become self-sufficient through practical knowledge, focused expertise and innovative solutions. QC has been maintaining active present in Somalia since 2007 through its field office in Mogadishu. It has a portfolio of programs focusing on both humanitarian and development sectors. Qatar Charity Somalia Program seeks to recruit field assistants in Baladweyn
- Responsible for WASH day to day activity implementation.
- The field assistant will be directly under the supervision of the PO.
- Sensitize communities on project objectives and activities.
- Work closely with the project team, stakeholders, community targeted and the VRC.
- Ensure beneficiary targeting and selection procedure and criteria are done in accordance with QC policy for beneficiary selection process and as stipulated in the project document.
- Ensure any feedback received from beneficiaries or target communities are shared timely to project officers and responded to appropriately.
- Support in conducting assessments and relevant data collection and analysis based on needs identified.
- Coordinate technical and logistical arrangements for the Project activities at community level, engaging community groups and structure and liaising all stakeholder in village level.
- Prepare and follow up on a day to day and weekly activity plans.
- Provide regular report to the PO regarding the progress of project activities in the respective operation areas.
- Coordinate with PO and other team for planning of project activities.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are adequately communicated about project activities and plans, including distribution date, location, cash delivery mechanism, required forms of verification and identification, and the entitlements to be received.
- Understand PDM tools and ensure that appropriate procedures, processes and quality standards are met in the collection of data,
- Undertake any other FSL related tasks as assigned by management.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Humanitarian work specially collecting data at community level.
- Computer literacy
- Solid Excel skills.
- Reporting skills.
- Good in English and Arabic.
- be able to understand local contact
- N.B This position is only for Somali nationals.
Interested potential candidates shall send their application letter, CV and all supporting documents including copy of your passport to: [email protected]
- Job City Baladweyn