FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in Amhara regions, focusing on emergency health, nutrition and WASH activities to support the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, Field Finance Assistant will support day-to-day transactions, including field cash payments, maintaining cost reports, and managing invoices and receipts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Maintain cashbooks and accounts records and ensure payments are allocated to the correct project and budget line.
- Ensure that shared costs are allocated appropriately across projects.
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of Health Extension Workers and field transactions.
- Assist in developing and revising, as needed, FHI 360 operating, program, and project budgets.
- Confirm that payment related to field finance transactions have the necessary documentation as outlined in fhi360 procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services.
- Ensure that all transactions are booked on daily basis into the cash book in accordance with guidelines.
- Ensure that proper authorization has been obtained before any payment takes place.
- Ensure that all vouchers are properly coded (project no., budget line and G/L account).
- Processing all payments in time.
- Assist the main office to monitor the prepaid expenses, outstanding advances, and any other commitments.
- Maintenance of a proper and transparent filling system of all documents relation to finance.
- Confirm availability of funds before authorization of project expenditures.
- Ensure all financial transactions have the required supporting documents.
- Handling all finance related work when they are on leave.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 3 months with possibility of extension
REQUIRED AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years of experience providing Finance related responsibilities.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS /Payroll systems.
- Vocational or specialized training desire
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) desirable but not required.
- Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
How to Apply
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions. And interested candidates are encouraged to email their updated resume and cover letter with ‘Field Finance Assistant-Bahir Dar/Dessie in the subject line as one document to [email protected] .
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted
- Job City Bahir Dar/ Dessie, Amhara