CTG Overview CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Under general guidance of the Chief of Mission (COM) and under the direct supervision of the SAR Programme Officer, the National Field Operations Assistant will be responsible in providing assistance for the implementation of SAR related activities and ensure that implementing partners are on track with their action plan.
- Support the SAR Programme Officer in planning and implementing the SAR Project portfolio along the Western Mediterranean Coast of Libya, from Sabratha to the border with Tunisia;
- Coordinate towards the implementation of SAR portfolio with relevant Project partners, such as governmental authorities, national and international agencies, diplomatic missions, partner NGOs and foster close working relationship;
- Provide technical support for the implementation of projects through providing inputs for work plans, implementation plans, monitoring and evaluation schemes;
- Identify risks and challenges to the ongoing operations and provide advice to the Programme Officer on mitigation strategies;
- Attend the disembarkations conducted by Libyan Coast Guard and General Administration of Coastal Security and support the provision of humanitarian assistance to migrants, as part of IOM teams and in line with IOM portfolio and agreed internal procedure;
- Conduct regular visits in the detention centers in the area of responsibility and identify needs, support provision of needed assistance and update statistics and information for the use of IOM programs;
- Provide updates to Programme Officer on progress in the effective implementation of the overall SAR activities, ensure that implementing partners deliver the planned assistance to beneficiaries within the timeframe;
- Monitor the performance of Implementation partners, including financial tracking, information management and reporting, support SAR surveys and monitoring tools;
- Support SAR Programme Officer in ensuring that synergies are built with active programs in Libya in order to synchronize all the activities carried out under different service areas;
- Support SAR Programme Officer in ensuring that IOM standards procurement, logistics and financial procedures are duly applied in the implementation of the SAR projects;
- Explore cooperation and partnership with private sector to pull additional resources for the project and also facilitate the external referral mechanism;
- Coordinate with partners in the development and implementation of the capacity building activities for staff, beneficiaries, community structures members and government institutions staff related to migration management;
- Coordinate with partner NGOs, community representatives and local government officials the preparation and implementation of the basic infrastructure/rehabilitation activities.
- Coordinate and plan the collection of successful stories of the beneficiaries and share with PI unit.
Perform other such duties as may be assigned.
Report to t the SAR Project Manager
Key competencies • University degree in Emergency Management, Humanitarian Field, International Relations, Social/Political Science, Engineering or an equivalent combination of relevant training and field experience.
• Minimum Three (3) years of relevant work experience, in the field of Humanitarian Affairs/ Development/ Liaison.
• Relevant experience in working with UN agency or Humanitarian organization is desirable.
• Experience in emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, humanitarian/development environment, field coordination is desirable.
• Very Good capacity on report writing and situation analysis.
• Excellent oral and written command of English required.
This role does not require team management
To be advised
- Job City Zwara