South Sudanese Nationals only
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Germany (VSF-G) is an international Non-Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. VSF-G supports in animal health, livestock related agriculture, marketing, food safety, drought responses and mitigation, capacity development of communities and governmental institutions, peace and conflict resolution with the ultimate aim of livelihood security of pastoralist communities. In the region VSF Germany implements activities in the Republic of South Sudan, Kenya, Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia.
VSF-Germany has been in South Sudan since 1998 covering the States of Upper Nile, Jonglei, Warrap, Eastern Equatoria, Western Bar el Ghazal and Lakes State, supporting emergency and recovery programmes alongside communities in the said States. In August 2022, VSF-Germany signed a 6-year contract with the Government of South Sudan (GoSS) to lead the implementation of South Sudan Livelihoods and Resilience Project (SSLRP) designed to cover 15 Payams in the 3 States of Central Equatoria, Eastern Equatoria and Jonglei. The specific purpose of the project is to improve food and nutrition security of the benefiting households through improved farm production and income. To do so, the project adopted a community-driven development (CDD) as an approach that will contribute to improved food and nutrition security of the primary target groups, who are considered food insecure smallholder producers found in 15 Payams in the 5 selected Counties and are engaged in fishing, cropping, and livestock production, and they specific attention to facilitate their social integration in agricultural production and economic activities.
The Project Finance Manager will be required to design and implement the necessary accounting and financial management systems to address the Project’s needs in responding to the objectives. The systems to be designed, should focus on but should not be limited to budgeting, accounting, internal control, reporting and external auditing.
This position is based in Juba. The post holder will be responsible for successful implementation of South Sudan Livelihoods and Resilience Project (SSLRP) in Bor, Terekeka, Torit, Magwi and Kajo Keji.
- Key responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record-keeping and accounting systems, making use of the accounting software – implement the accounting software;
- Prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records;
- Perform or ensure regular reconciliations are prepared for relevant account balances for review and endorsement by the Project Manager;
- Prepare examine, and analyse monthly, quarterly (Quarterly Interim Financial Reports) and annual financial reports;
- Analyse operations, trends, costs, incomes, financial commitments, and obligations, so as to prepare Project and provide advice to the Project Manager accordingly;
- Develop, maintain, and analyse budgets comparing budgeted costs to actual costs on periodic basis;
- Prepare or update existing forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities;
- Ensure and maintain a proper filing system for Project accounting records;
- Ensure compliance with relevant financial procedures, guidelines and standards;
- Initiate or conduct inventories and other relevant controls on assets;
- Supervise the work of Accountants or any other accounting staff assigned to the Project;
- Compile and consolidate SOEs for the PCU and review SOEs for VSF Germany for approval;
- Liaising with the Accountants and Procurement officers at PCU and IA to ensure that SOEs withdrawal applications are prepared on time;
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and provide solutions to financial problems;
- Advise Project management about issues such as resource utilization and other matters pertaining to financial management;
- Prepare the Project for external audits within the stipulated time-frames;
- Help build SSLRP’s capacity in accounting and financial management.
The Project Finance Officer shall be a member of the Project coordination team and shall report to the Project Manager.
- Qualification and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a recognized university;
- Additional professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, etc are a requirement;
- Must possess at least 7 years of experience in accounting and financial management of which at least 5 years must be working experience with donor-funded Projects/projects;
- Must be computer literate with demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and any other relevant application including accounting software;
- Must have excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills, excellent analytical skills and ability to effectively communicate with a broad range of audiences
- Job City Juba