The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic, with frequent travel to the field offices in the country.
As Head of Project – Consortium Coordination in Welthungerhilfe’s (WHH) Country Office Bangui, you will manage and implement programmes and projects on the basis of specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget in accordance with WHH standards and the directives/provisions of the consortium partners and the donors. You will be responsible for an appropriate use of funds and ensure accurate and duly reporting to WHH’s Country Office and the donors with clear communication and interaction with consortium members. In doing so, you will ensure synergy, harmonization and unification of the actions’ measures so that they are result and impact oriented.
- Carry out the overall project management for all partners (consortium members) according to the rules and standards of the co-financing donors and WHH
- Ensure that all project relevant support is in place (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.) among all consortium members
- Develop needs based & impact oriented project planning in the context of the ongoing project(s)
- Support the identification of co-financing opportunities to be pursued and ensure the timely development of successful project proposals in line with the relevant donor regulations and strategies
- Establish good working relationships with donors and other stakeholders in country for emergency, rehabilitation and development programmes in coordination with the Country Office and/or consortium members
- Report to the Country Director on the progress of the project(s) and all risks associated with the project work and inform consortium members’ country Directors
- Prepare and implement a preparedness plan for disasters and potential crises on the basis of the country specific situation
- Carry responsibility for the establishment and adherence to the projects’ security management system in accordance to the global security policy/guidelines of WHH
- Represent the consortium in country vis-à-vis selected relevant national and international stakeholders and partners in coordination with the country offices
- Expand the consortium network with relevant stakeholders from civil society, government and academia within the context of the ongoing projects
- Contribute to the development of country strategies and actively participate in the Country Management forum
- A university or college degree in a relevant field such as Agrobusiness, Environmental Management or Economical development with a strong background in Agriculture
- At least 5 years of experience managing complex multi-sector projects in food security, rural development, and value chains, and the ability to manage teams remotely
- Solid experience in the development and management of value chains
- Experience and outstanding skills in handling program design, proposal development, reporting, M&E documents, work plans, budgets, and other project documents
- Experience working in consortium in fragile and/or recovery contexts
- Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal and financial compliance requirements associated with international donor funding, especially with European Union, BMZ and GIZ
- Willingness to travel in the country and stay overnight in field offices
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for working in Welthungerhilfe’s project countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and French; knowledge of German would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.