The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic, with frequent travel to the field offices.
As Head of Project in Welthungerhilfe’s (WHH) Country Office Bangui, you will be managing World Bank, FAO and WFP funded projects focusing on emergency aid, food security and the strengthening of the agricultural sector in the Central African Republic. Through these projects, you will contribute to the relief and revival of agricultural production in the target areas and enable the participants to survive and earn a living for themselves and their families. This aim will be achieved through the distribution of seeds, agricultural equipment/tools, and the provision of capacity building services to farmer organizations and selected departments of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MADR) and the Ministry of livestock (MESA). Additionally, you will help ensure that institutions are better prepared to handle critical situations related to the general operating environment.
- Carry out the project(s) according to the rules and standards of the World Bank, WFP, FAO and WHH, as well as in compliance with the Core Humanitarian Standards
- Prepare key project documents, e.g. procurement plan, M&E plan, quarterly internal reports and reports to donors
- Ensure that the monitoring framework within the programme is implemented, including baseline data, secondary data, reviews, end line surveys and internal/external evaluations
- Ensure that all project expenditures are made in line with WHH’s financial and procurement policies and procedures
- Manage the project team and all activities related to the project
- Develop support plans and strategies aimed at improving the capacity of farmers’ groups and cooperatives
- Develop and propose techniques to improve governance within the farmers’ organizations and partner institutions
- Implement appropriate teaching and learning strategies, orientation mechanisms and lesson/work plans to deliver content to target audiences
- Ensure that an appropriate response is provided to humanitarian needs of the target community
- Support the emergency programming and food security in the Country Office Bangui
- Ensure knowledge management and communication across project(s)
- A university or college degree in the field of Agriculture
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management of complex projects from different sectors (education and agriculture)
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and institutional support
- Proven experience in working with governmental authorities and farmers’ organizations
- World Bank, WFP, FAO, BMZ donor experience would be an asset
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in an insecure environment and commit to strict security regulations
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for working in Welthungerhilfe’s project countries
- Excellent spoken and written French and English; German languag skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.