We’re looking for an experienced leader to join our dynamic team in Mali, to further develop and strengthen the NRC’s support unit in Mali, is it you?
we are looking for a Head of support in Mali
Mali is experiencing a deterioration of the security situation, increasing humanitarian needs, and displacements due to conflict. NRC has operated in Mali since 2013, with programs in Gao, Menaka, Timbuktu, Mopti, and Kidal, and a team of over 300 dedicated humanitarian workers.
Through our Country program operation, NRC strives to meet the basic needs of millions of people affected by violence and displacement. We provide Education, Wash & Shelter, Food Security, and give people Legal Assistance. We also have a dedicated Emergency Response Mechanism.
Member of the Country Management Group (CMG), you will assume overall responsibility for ensuring that all support functions are providing high quality and efficient support to program implementation.
You will directly supervise the HR Manager, the Finance Manager, the Logistic Manager, and the country ICT Coordinator. You will work closely and in a matrix structure with the Head of program, the Area Managers as well as the regional support unit in Dakar, to develop capacities of the country support unit.
You will report to the Country Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- Line management for support managers such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics (incl. ICT)
- Responsible for ensuring quality support for project implementation.
- Facilitate the support function’s strategic input to the development of the Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development, and to coordinate and align operational support with program plans
- Ensure internal control systems are strengthened and enforced
- Ensure smooth communication between Bamako and field teams
- Facilitate the Master Support Budget, country-level budgets and BPO development, including assess and monitor costs and resource allocation needs
- Responsible for the strategic development of country structures, technical systems, human resources capacity, and allocation
- Responsible for development of new country-specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools
- Responsible for organizational learning related to program support
- Responsible for technical capacity-building of support staff
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a Senior Manager in humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Professional knowledge and proven experience in Finance, HR and Logistic routines in a humanitarian context
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Knowledge of the context in Mali
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to process large amounts of liquid data
- Strategic thinking
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- A good sense of humor is an asset
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness, and accountability
We can offer
- 1 year (renewable) full-time contract in a stimulating and rewarding work environment, a collaborative workforce.
- A Competitive salary and benefits according to International staff terms and conditions, including contributions to a pension fund
- Level: Grade 11 in NRC grade structure (See attached the NRC Grade structure)
- Duty station: Bamako, with 20% travels to the field
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
- Job City Bamako