Environmental and Economic Resource Centre (EERC) is an international research-based NGO that works with a network of local and international partners to catalyse and develop inclusive agriculture, sustainable livelihoods, natural resource conservation, and environmental management in Africa. EERC undertakes research and capacity building to develop scalable technologies and innovative practices with real impact on poverty reduction, food security, ecosystem health, conservation, and livelihood development.
You will coordinate and deliver
various ICT and ICT4D (ICT) related services in accordance with established
agency ICT policies, procedures, and service standards to support all EERC programs. You will provide
responsive, professional service and technical support to EERC staffs and entire office environment to
ensure efficient operation and use of EERC information sharing, communication, and collaboration
- Deploy, configure, and maintain ICT systems and
databases, including networks, servers, and telecommunications.
Troubleshoot and address issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Configure and maintain applications and user devices.
Provide timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice
to user requests to ensure proper user access to EERC data and information.
- Maintain inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and
software and ensure adequate supply and functionality, in collaboration
with relevant staff(s).
- Provide input to budget for ICT related expenses.
- Coordinate relationships with suppliers to facilitate
delivery of ICT-related services that meet EERC service requirements.
- Support capacity building initiatives, remotely or
on-site, to staffs to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT
- Prepare statistical reports on ICT-related data and
metrics. As needed, implement measures to ensure required standards are
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science, ICT or other related field
- 3 years of relevant experience work experience in a position
with similar responsibilities.
- Desired certifications include Microsoft Certified
Solutions Associate or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate or
equivalent, Microsoft SharePoint Foundations or equivalent and ITIL
- Experience in introduction, design, implementation,
and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
- Demonstrated capacity in management of network/server
software and hardware devices and platforms.
- Grasp of complex network, security, mobile, desktop,
server, telephony, backup, application and database technologies.
- Experience with ITSM and systems management tools
- Good relationship management skills. Ability to
relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong
- Strong communication skills with the ability to
communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- Strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and
problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture, make sound
decisions, and offer non-standard solutions.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and
- Basic understanding of business analysis concepts and
- Demonstrated experience building ICT capacity with
Language: English and Yoruba
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Not applicable
Internal: All EERC staffs, Interns, NYSCs, members of EERC ICT community, and owners of EERC management systems, specifically, Program Managers and Finance and Administration officers.
External: EERC partners; Government agencies and ICT services providers.
How to Apply
and qualified candidates with the required
experience are invited to submit their applications online at https://www.eerce.org/join-us/ candidate should be ready to
submit Cover Letter, CV and
3 references while filling the application. Application should be submitted on or
before 30 November 2020. You will be
required to create an account before you will be able to submit your
application. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
EERC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from
all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with
disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
- Job City Abeokuta