LM014 PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT (National Position)
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Availability: As soon as possible
Post category: Assistant level
Group classification: 2
Monthly Salary scale: $ 797 for 1 year experience up to $ 1.307 for 35 years
The Procurement Assistant will report to the Chief of Procurement Unit or his/her substitute.
· Advise the Requesting Units during the pre-tendering phase, including market surveys and preparation of the justification documents;
· Prepare tender dossiers, mainly below 20,000 EUR, but also above 20,000 EUR when required;
· Perform the duties of Secretary as part of formal Procurement Evaluation Committees, including the drafting in English of the relevant documentation as detailed in the PRAG annexes;
· Advise the Project Managers during the implementation of contracts;
· Notify to tenderers the launch and award of procurement procedures;
· Arrange award and signature of contracts;
· Maintain good order in the Procurement Section Archives and take care of their preservation;
· Keep track, register and archive all documentation generated at all stages of the Procurement process and of the contract implementation;
· Performs and carries any other tasks and duties required or requested by her/his line manager.
· Advise Project Managers on Procurement Rules and Procedures relevant to their minor purchases, in order to ensure compliance with procurement and mission best practice, regulations and policies;
· Act as the Chairperson/Secretary of evaluations of tenders and ensure the compliance of the evaluation with the procurement requirements;
· Preparation and drafting of all procurement documentation related to minor purchases (including Requests for Quotation, Negotiation Reports and Purchase Orders amongst the others).
Essential Qualification and Experience:
· Successful completion of secondary school attested by a diploma.
· After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Good understanding of the local market;
· Strong sense of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with staff-related matters and/or financial issues;
· Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in an energetic environment with multiple priorities;
· Ability to work effectively under pressure, in difficult circumstances, as well as ability to communicate with personnel at all operational and strategic levels;
· Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
· Good writing and editing skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet;
· Good communication and analytical skills in both written and spoken English and Somali language;
· Honesty and integrity;
· Excellent administration and organisational skills;
· Works methodically, accurately and with attention to details as well as to tight deadlines;
· Used to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and with limited supervision;
· Strong sense of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with strategic sensitivities, staff-related matters and financial issues;
· Ability to work independently and harmoniously with colleagues and as part of a team;
· Ability to work under stress and willingness to work long irregular hours and still deal helpfully and courteously with all contacts;
· Must be able to express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely in written and oral form.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
· A professional qualification in Law, Public Administration, Business Administration, Procurement/Purchasing & Supply management, Finance, Accounting or equivalent would be an asset;
· Previous work experience with an international and/or government organisations would be an asset;
· Good understanding of EU procurement procedures and regulations, with particular regard to the Financial Regulation and the Practical Guide for Procurement and Grants for the European External Action;
· Good experience of using data for preparing reports;
· A valid cat. “B” driving license or equivalent would be an asset.
· Mandatory requirement to pass security clearances and medical checks.
- Job City Mogadishu