World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Program Manager & Team Leader, South Sudan – Melut, you will provide overall leadership to the Melut Programs, ensuring partner coordination, logistical and technical support to the teams. You will further be the technical lead for the Food Assistance programme in Melut and Renk Counties, and will be the focal person with WFP Maban Field Office. This is an integrated program with Food Assistance, Education, GBV and Protection, Health and Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Food Security and Livelihoods and NFIs, targeting conflict affected populations in Melut, Renk and other counties.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public health management, business administration, international development or a related field or equivalent experience in grant management.
- Proven ability to manage complex partnership relationships including effective coordination with host country government.
- Experience adhering to the Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct, HAP-I Standard, ECB Good Enough Guide, Sphere Standards (Humanitarian Charter and Participation Standard), donor requirements and WV Humanitarian Accountability Framework.
- At least 5 years of experience in program management and administration, financial management, award cooperative agreement compliance, sub award management, and tracking project performance and costs.
- At least 5 years of international experience in emergency relief or development project management in fragile or challenging and complex contexts with responsibility of overseeing comprehensive food security programs.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Work environment: Field-based position, with physical hardship conditions and limited amenities.
- Travel: 30% domestic/international travel is required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 DEC 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Melut