Please note that you will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted.
Position: Project Coordinator – Community Engagement Sponsorship Project
Reporting to: Area Programs Manager
Grade Level: 13
Work Location: (Marafa & Tunyo)
Purpose of Position
To facilitate programming, engagement and management of sponsorship operations aimed at contributing to enhanced child and sponsor relationship, and improved child wellbeing outcomes within the AP
- Coordinate achievement of programmatic objectives; planning, implementation and review of progress/DIPs, budget Utilization and ensure managers approval and endorsement of all plans
- Coordinate regular planning, accountability and follow up of key performance indicators and overall quality assurance matters
- Coordinate and follow up external engagement, collaborations and advocacy matters
- Represent the Area Manager in County engagement forum as may be delegated
- Participate in County sector specific forum and at sub county and ward levels as will be appropriate.
- Coordinate resource acquisition matters as agreed upon with the manager.
- Coordinate capacity building as per approved (by Manager) plan
- Coordinate Integrated Sponsorship planning and monitoring
- Coordinating ADP office managements & logistics
End Results Expected
- Well-coordinated AP activities.
- Integrated AP activity implementation.
- World Vision Kenya well represented in stakeholder/engagement forums within the AP area.
Sponsorship operations, 30%
- Gift Notifications (GNs) are tracked, processed, closed at AP and NO and acknowledgement documentation sent to SO within the standard timeline as per the respective SO requirements.
- Correspondences (SLs, ILs, queries, ELs etc) are tracked and processed within the standard time.
- Facilitate production of sponsorship 2.0 products (Child Greeting Video (CGV), Child Special Moment Videos (CSMVs), Community Introductory Videos (YIVs) and Community Annual Photos (YAP)) as per guidelines/standards and timelines
- Ensure RC level are maintained as per the AP plan
- Ensure overage RC are dropped as per standards
- Facilitate development of MOUs with LIs and timely funding of the LIs
- RC are monitored within the standard timelines
- Ensure CWB/case management issues are addressed as per standards
- Facilitate timely implementation of birthday bounce backs and community gifts
- Facilitate processing of APR and Christmas cards as per guidelines and timelines – ensure business processes are followed accordingly
- Facilitate capturing of child and family participation and support
- Facilitate children birth registration within the AP
- Facilitate management of RC files
- Ensure security of sponsor addresses/contacts
- Facilitate effective management of RC death processes – timely reporting, development of detailed report, dropping of records, verbal autopsy
- Facilitate effective sponsor/donor visits to the AP – ensure they sign child protection protocol and complete feedback questionnaire
- Facilitate integration of child protection initiatives and take lead in case management – reporting of cases as per WV standards, follow for actions
Expected End Results
- Standard operating indicators (SOIs) sustained green every month
- RC monitored every 90 days
- RC levels sustained at the planned level
- Quality sponsorship 2.0 products timely submitted as per schedule and guidelines
- CWB issues timely attended to
- RC and family participation and support meets expectation
- LI timely funded
- RC files complete, up to date and stored under lock and key
- Birthday bounce backs and community GNs timely implemented
- RC birth registration minimum of 95%
- Sponsor/donor visits well facilitated
- Child protection violations timely reported to the NO and duty bearers
Programming and reporting, 15%
- Facilitate development of CESP project annual operating plan (AOP)
- Ensure timely implementation of activities and budgets sustained at acceptable level
- Facilitate DME processes – assessments, AP re/design, baselines, project monitoring/implementation, evaluations, , transition processes,
- Facilitate learning, review and reflection forums and documentation of best practices/change stories
- Generating quality reports – activity reports, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual
- Management of project management information system (horizon) – DIPs, ITTs, budgets and activity monitoring
- Sharing of SSUI reports for management decision making
- Support effective integration of Sponsorship operation interventions with other projects in the program.
- Facilitate spiritual nurture of children in the AP
- Support asset mapping against RC
Expected End Results
- Timely submission of quality AOP
- Budget utilization sustained at < 5%
- Quality and timely reports submitted as per WV guidelines
- Horizon platform up to date
- Quality DME products submitted as per guidelines
Engagement and networking, 10%
- Effective representation of WVK in Child rights stakeholder meetings at county and sub-county levels.
- Facilitate community forums – for planning, joint monitoring
- Participation in National/International Child rights days at county and sub-county level.
- Provide information to inform fund raising initiatives at national level
- Facilitate community members to advocate on child wellbeing issues to relevant stakeholders
- Support advocacy initiatives in the AP
Expected End Results
- WVK well represented in stakeholders forum and minutes well documented
- Evidence of community participation in the AP planning and implementation of activities
Capacity building, 15%
- Capacity assessment for LI conducted annually
- Support roll out of new initiatives
- Coordinate training & refresher courses and conduct regular monitoring to ensure that sponsorship standards and sponsorship business processes are adhered to in the AP/Local Institutions.
- Facilitate coaching and mentoring to the AP sponsorship staff in order to attain better results in the sponsorship performance indictors/Dashboard.
- Contextualize and adopt the use of training materials and methods which respond to local needs.
- Prepare logistics for training events in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Seek useful feedback from participants that will improve future capacity building.
- Build capacity of partners effectively to collect monitoring data on CWB outcomes.
Expected End Results
- LI and supervisees capacity gaps addressed with ability to deliver the KPIs
- Staff and LI staff trained on new initiatives for them to be able to implement new initiatives
Partnering for performance, 10%
- Facilitate target setting for supervisees and LI as per WV guidelines
- Conduct staff performance reviews as per WVK guidelines
- Institute consequence management as per WVK P&C policies and procedures
- Supporting supervisees personal development as appropriate
Expected End Results
- Complete performance agreements and appraisal timely submitted
- Staff and LI meets or exceeds performance expectation
Any Other duty 5%
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- The position holder should have a Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, social sciences or a related field.
- 3 years’ experience in sponsorship management.
- Determined personality with initiative and a team player.
- The position holder must be result oriented, good public & donor relations.
- Capability and willingness to take responsibility.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, database applications and other related applications in children in Ministry
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel within country, regional and internationally.
- Ability to train others
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills
- The position holder must be a result orientated leader who can manage and satisfy multiple, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Excellent understanding of Sponsorship business processes
- Demonstrated training, facilitation, mobilization and coordination skills at both community and organization level
- Job City Marafa