CBM is an International Christian Development Organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. CBM provides grants sourced from private and institutional donors to local partners, who subsequently implement the grants on the basis of contracts signed with CBM detailing implementation, accounting, and reporting standards. In this set-up, CBM Country Offices (CO) perform control and monitoring procedures aimed at partner projects; control reports from implementing partners to C8M, including comparison with original source documents, project contract and cost plans; and ensure compliance with organizational and statutory requirements.
- To support Partner Organisations to implement and monitor a coherent, inclusive and qualitative humanitarian response including programmatic, logistic and financial monitoring of the entire response
- To collect information about situation of persons with disabilities and support the two partners to develop operational mechanisms to mainstream disability in the existing humanitarian aid
- To provide technical support to the Partner Organisation on disability inclusion, humanitarian standards and other accountability principles
- To support the development of recovery projects based on appropriate context analysis, partners strengths and gaps existing to address the needs of affected displaced as well as host communities
- To advocate and promote disability inclusive humanitarian response at state as well as national level with government of Nigeria and other humanitarian actors
- Humanitarian Programme Technical Specialist
- To support Partner Organisations to implement and monitor a coherent, inclusive and qualitative humanitarian response in target states
- Provide technical support to partner organisation to ensure compliance to humanitarian standards, disability inclusion and implementation of agreed plans.
- Work with the country Office Knowledge management/ M&E Officer to develop and ensure proper project monitoring system following CBM/donor format and requirements
- Support partner to ensure that narrative reports and communication materials are submitted in timely manner and are of high quality
- In close cooperation with line manager and Finance manager, support partners and ensure the logistic, admin and financial monitoring of the project (call up of funds, acknowledgement of receipt of funds, procurement of materials, utilisation of expenses and compliance with accountability principles.)
- Participate in coordination meetings (cluster meeting) and support mainstream humanitarian actors to include disability in mainstream services being provided to affected population
- Continuously assess situation and support partner organisation to re-adjust activities as per need after discussion with line management
- Facilitate documentation of learnings and evaluation of the response
- Conduct field trips to monitor the implementation of project operations as specified in the work breakdown
10.Ensure effective data collection of all activities implemented at the state level
11.Provide timely reports on all activities of the project.
12.Carry out other task/responsibilities assigned by line manager or other senior colleagues
Please note that the above job description is not exhaustive. The responsibilities may be reviewed from time to time to suite the demands/realities of the job
· Humanitarian Programme Technical Specialist
· Country Programme Manager
· Country Director
· Finance manager County Office Nigeria
· Programme Finance Officer
· Community Mental Health Advisor
· Disability Inclusive Technical Specialist
Professional and Personal Profile:
Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, humanitarian or development studies or any other relevant area
Strong knowledge and understanding of project cycle management
Knowledge of humanitarian system and work
Good networking and communication skills
Knowledge on disabilities or other at risk groups and experience on mainstreaming issues (Gender, age, disability)
English fluency, both written and verbal, is a requirement
Good analytic and project proposal development skills for institutional donors
Good partnership management skills
Good team player
Able to work independently
Experience in emergency response management or coordination with at five years least experience in project management
Experience in project budgeting and planning (minimum five years)
Experience working with important partners
Experience in advocacy
Previous experience of working in conflict affected/crisis situations
How to apply:
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, please send your CV and motivation letter in one(1) document to**: [email protected]** titled “Statement of Interest: “Project Coordinator – Maiduguri” or “Programme Finance Officer” clearly indicating your location of choice in the subject line. The deadline for application is 24/12/2019.** This positions have a national compensation package and is subject to local employment and immigration laws. Candidates who apply for any of the above positions must have the legal right to work in Nigeria.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position
Applications will be selected on a rolling basis.
- Job City Maiduguri ,Abuja