Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Heifer Project International is seeking qualified applicants to manage several administrative and management tasks for an anticipated 5-year, $25M-$50M USAID-funded Livestock Activity in Nigeria. The goal of the Livestock Activity is to diversify incomes and increase community resilience by improving the livestock sector (cattle, poultry, goats, sheep, eggs, and dairy) in targeted States in Nigeria. Heifer will be priming this opportunity and has constituted the positioning and proposal design team, who will manage and coordinate Heifer’s response to this opportunity.
The position will play vital roles in coordinating the activities of relevant HQ, regional and Nigeria staff from Human Resources, Finance, Procurement, Program, Grants Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Communications, and Operations. Candidates for the position will be responsible for administrative and operational oversight of the positioning and designing phase of Heifer’s bidding process for the Livestock Development Activity and will serve as liaisons to the team, and corresponding departments within Heifer’s headquarters and regional office. The positions will be vital in providing necessary coordination support to program and operational staff and ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Heifer’s internal processes during the positioning and bidding phase.
- Work with all Heifer’s positioning and design team and ensure that all tasks are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Work with the positioning and design team lead to develop pursuit calendar including pursuit specific deadlines.
- Work with the team to develop and implement a capture plan for this opportunity.
- Facilitate strategy/brainstorming sessions with proposal team.
- Maintain contact with relevant staff on positioning and design strategy inputs as necessary.
- Work with Peoples Department and ensure that timing sourcing of proposed candidates for the proposal by placing adverts, researching database, searching for in‐house experts etc.
- Work closely with HQ legal department and ensure that consortia and technical partners’ pre-teaming agreements, non-Disclosure agreements (NDAs) Teaming, risk assessment questions, pre-award risk are completed in a timely manner.
- Work with program operations and ensure that all relevant consultants are engaged
- Supervise the work of the consultants.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
- Experience working on international development projects managing operational and administrative aspects of complex programs of similar scale, with a particular emphasis on USAID funded projects or cooperative agreements.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant operational field such as, but not limited to human resources, finance/accounting, communications, law, or business administration; master’s degree is preferred for supervisory positions.
- Proven experience in building and effectively working with a diverse team in a complex project.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of USAID rules and regulations and developing and adhering to compliant processes is required; familiarity and a desire to learn with USAID rules and regulations is acceptable.
- Prior experience working with USAID funded projects is a plus.
- Demonstrated management, leadership, decision making and interpersonal skills with host country and expatriate staff, local vendors, and local grantees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Job City Nigeria