About the Role
GAIN seeks to hire a Project Officer to support the implementation of the Digitization (“Digital Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QAQC) System”) project under the Anchor Grant funded through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation between January 2022 and December 2025. The project focuses on digitizing/automating various manual aspects of fortification processes in edible oil production and monitoring by government agencies to make data collection and information on fortification quality more efficient and accessible.
The post holder will work closely with Senior Project Manager, Large Scale Food Fortification (LSFF) and the Consortium of partners, led by GAIN, to achieve this goal. The post holder will be responsible for supporting the set-up and implementation of the Digital QAQC System and inform the design of the sustainability of the Digital QAQC System at the production facilities and at government and monitoring agencies. The implementation approach is iterative, meaning that the post holder will provide consistent feedback between the producers, government, monitoring agencies (The “users” of the system) to the Consortium (the “Developers”) who are developing and building the system so that the system can be continuously refined and adapted based on the needs and feedback at the local level.
The Project Officer Digitization QAQC will provide hands-on support to users of the system and will be considered the expert/focal point linking the local users of the system on any trouble shooting issues with the Consortium. This role is based in Lagos for ease of engagement with Food Producers and the operational officers of regulatory agencies which are predominantly based in Lagos.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support a thorough landscaping of the data and stakeholders involved along the fortification value chain in Nigeria.
- Support the Consortium on carrying out a needs assessment for pilot and scale up at production level on IT current sophistication (individuals and roles responsible for use of technology, individuals responsible for monitoring internal QAQC/their daily tasks, types of automated devices already installed, types of software used, assess set up to enable installation of different digital devices in current setting, mapping of data collected currently at production level).
- Support the Consortium on carrying out a needs assessment for government and monitoring agencies on type of information needed for decision making on fortification programs, mapping of data collected currently at production and market level.
- Provide hands on support and training to users of the Digital QAQC system, the devices, and software.
- Provide hands on support and training to other trainers of the Digital QAQC system, the devices, and software.
- Arrange interviews between consortium members and high-level decision makers in Government.
- Synthesize and report information from interviews.
- Enable a constant flow of communication between the Digital QAQC project and the government/monitoring agencies.
- Collect feedback from users at the government, producers and monitoring agencies, synthesize and report information.
- Engage with third party implementation research team and provide information as needed for the evaluation of the project.
The ideal candidate should have experience in project implementation and management, specifically supporting with Management Information Systems (MIS), digitalization and IT / technology for development projects. Demonstrate experience in end user training and support. You should have experience in end-to-end business and IT systems requirements analysis.
The post holder should demonstrate experience in working within monitoring & evaluation frameworks using data analysis software, tracking indicators, developing and/or strengthening MIS and quality reporting. Previous experience working with and coordinating multiple stakeholders such as vendors, clients, end users and donors.
You should be proficient in using modern technology and analysis with the ability to effectively liaise and facilitate with government offices, and other agencies. The candidate should have an education background in computer engineering/computer science/Information, Communication and Technology (ICT)/Management in Information System (MIS), Business Administration or equivalent in a relevant field.
About our Offer
The starting gross salary on offer for this role is from NGN 7’388’496 – NGN 8’437’104 per annum, depending on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance. We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible and hybrid working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments, and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation that was launched in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
Our Working Culture and Environment
We provide a flexible working environment that includes a combination of home and office working opportunities through our global hybrid working policy. This encourages our staff to have a healthy work-life balance and increases staff motivation, enriches employee wellbeing, and improves performance and productivity.
All of our positions are based in one or more of GAIN’s designated offices as stated on our job advertisements. Successful candidates will be based in one of GAIN’s country offices and must have the existing right to live and work within a reasonably commutable distance of the relevant city / cities in which the role is advertised. Please note, that GAIN does not sponsor working visas and relocations.
GAIN reserves the right to withdraw an offer of employment for candidates who are considered to ineligible under the above conditions during or after the recruitment process.
Applicants must have the right to work and be currently based in the advertised country location, to be eligible to apply for this position.
This advert closes on 7th June 2023. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
- Job City Lagos