Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Quality Assurance Manager for Nigeria Country Programme.
Overall purpose of the role
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for strategic leadership, technical guidance, and management of the Quality Assurance portfolio. The purpose of the position is to lead a team of four (4) to develop systems and tools for efficient grant management, M&E and reporting; and ensure a coordinated approach to risk-management in cooperation with the finance department.
· Provide strategic leadership and management oversight of the DRC Nigeria Quality Assurance department, with a portfolio including: grants management, programme quality, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and information management;
· Line manage and provide technical support to the Reporting & Communications Specialist, MEAL Coordinator and the Grants Officer;
· In coordination with the DRC/DDG Head of Programmes, Technical Sector Coordinators and Area managers ensure high quality and evidence-based programme design and proposal development, monitoring and evaluation, and learning processes are streamlined throughout the country mission;
· Support the Country Director and Heads of Programmes to identify fundraising opportunities and take responsibility for timely submission of all concept notes and proposals;
· Systematize DRC Nigeria M&E and ensure project specific M&E is establish, for the ease of reporting, and programme accountability;
· Develop and maintain processes for grant and contract management; ensuring they remain applicable to current donor requirements;
· Ensure timely compliance with all internal and external grants management requirements, including contractual compliance and reporting;
· Proactively manage grant and contract performance, working with Programme and Support colleagues to identifying risks and minimize them;
· Liaise with relevant DRC West Africa Regional Office and HQ counterparts responsible for programme design, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation;
Coordinate and provide timely reporting and feedback to the Head of Programmes, Country Director and SMT on Quality Assurance unit activities.
You are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
· Five years of professional experience in humanitarian emergency contexts with QA responsibilities, preferable to have at least two years of experience at senior management level;
· Advanced university degree (or bachelor level qualification with equivalent years of professional experience) in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies, international / humanitarian law, communications or similar;
· Knowledge and experience working with relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC-DDG Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction;
· Proven ability to lead a high performing and diverse team, manage performance, foster a positive working environment and manage issues sensitively and diplomatically;
· Extensive knowledge of US and European institutional donors and their compliance requirements with proven experience of developing successful funding proposals and overseeing large complex grants;
· Excellent understanding of the principles of budgeting, financial and contract management;
· Outcome focused and proven ability to think strategically and plan, prioritize and organize a department/team’s work to meet organization-wide strategic objectives;
· Excellent influencing, presentation and communication skills including verbal and written English, active listening and the ability to tailor communication to different audiences;
· Ability to manage a large and varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
· Illustrated commitment to, and a good understanding of, the DRC’s values and mandate and the ability to bring these alive in your work
· Ability to live and work in an insecure and high stress environment.
· English – fluent, with demonstrated capacity for high quality written and verbal command of the language
Contract length: 12 months with possibility of extension, subject to funding and Performance. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for expatriate staff. This position is under Employment band M.F 1
Duty Station: Maiduguri, Non family, Unaccompanied Position
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Zinnah Kaman ([email protected]).
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV (no longer than four pages) and cover letter in English through the online application on www.drc.ngo under vacancies no later than 31st December 2019.
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact our job support at drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
· Professionalism, impact & expertise
· Humanitarian approach & the work we do
· Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
· Culture, values & strong leadership
· Fair compensation & continuous development
- Job City Maiduguri