Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last.
Options is seeking to recruit a consultant to work with the Kenya Ministry of Health (MOH) to to revise and consolidate the Kenya Family Planning Quality Improvement Standards. The candidate should have a proven background in developing Quality Improvement Standards on Reproductive and Maternal Health.
The role objective is to revise the FP standards (2012) to include the current and emerging evidence-based practices in offering quality FP services in line with current global and National Standards and guidelines.
The consultant will conduct a literature review to identify existing FP Standards and quality improvement tools in use Globally and in the Kenya health sector, present an inception report to stakeholders and the Head – DRMH/MOH which includes a detailed work plan outlining timeline, methodology, key definitions, preliminary list of key resources and source materials, and draft 0 FP standards, provide technical support, and facilitate revision of the National FP Standards 2012 and design and plan for the 2 writing workshops for revision of the document among other tasks.
The deliverables of the role are:
- Inception report to Stakeholders
- 1st and Second Revised FP standards versions to DRMH MOH
- FP standards Implementation and Dissemination Plan
- Dissemination Package
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Desired qualifications and specialized knowledge:
- Master’s Degree in Health (Obstetrics/Gynaecology, Reproductive Health)
- Qualification in Quality Management and Standards will be an added advantage
- Experience in implementing quality of care initiatives especially in Reproductive Health
- Extensive knowledge of Kenya National Reproductive and maternal health programmes
- Proven previous experience developing quality Improvement standards for Reproductive and maternal health
- Previous consultancy experience with Ministry of Health, UN agencies, bilateral agencies or international NGOs.
- Knowledge/Experience of MOH systems or working with MOH
- Available to start work immediately
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
How to apply
To apply, please fill in the form here
Closing Date: 27 September 2020
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Job City Kenya