AATF is an international not-for-profit organization that facilitates, and promotes public/private partnerships to access, develop, adapt and deliver appropriate agricultural technologies for sustainable use by smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa. AATF works with African governments, private and public technology owners and developers, NGOs, seed companies and African farmers to identify and access technologies that will address farmers’ key problems and enhance their productivity. AATF is a registered charity under the laws of England and Wales, a tax-exempt organization in the United States, a non-profit company in Kenya and Nigeria, and has host country status with the Government of Kenya. The Foundation depends on the ongoing support and collaboration of different partners and investors to meet its objectives.
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Programme Development and Commercialization, the Stewardship Manager is responsible for formulation and implementation of post permit biosafety compliance and advising management on the genetics, breeding, and seed systems components of projects and their impact on delivery of products emanating and general stewardships issues.
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- To develop and drive the implementation of Quality Management Systems for conventional and transgenic crops.
- To design appropriate product stewardship strategies and plans to guide deployment of AATF products to farmers in target countries.
- To ensure timely engagement of, foster transparency and best practices among, and provide stewardship support for partners’ institutions in target countries.
- To conduct product stewardship visits and audits with project partners and compile reports for circulation among project teams.
- To ensure that AATF projects meet the audit criteria and methods that conform to Excellence Through Stewardship’s (ETS) Objectives, Principles and Management Practices.
- To track stewardship targets against work plans, manage information and data related to product stewardship and consistently seek to increase technical knowledge about stewardship through interaction with the AATF technical team.
- To actively investigate new stewardship approaches, technologies and processes that will enhance the efficiency of product deployment.
Other desirable skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment and contribute to high priority and time-sensitive activities including proposal development and resource mobilization
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to translate regulatory policy information into steward
- Demonstrates commitment to AATF’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Displays an appreciation of good corporate governance
- Upholds AATF values of integrity, dedication and accessibility
At least a Master’s degree or equivalent from a recognized University in Agricultural Sciences or related discipline
- At least ten (10) years of relevant experience and sound knowledge in product stewardship and management with a reputed private or public sector seed entity, preferably in Africa.
- Experience in seed manufacturing and related Quality Management System.
- Knowledge of Resistance Management for biotech traits.
- Knowledge of ETS.
- Quality Management Systems in seed production, Knowledge of ISO is an advantage.
Fluency in English, with working knowledge of French
How to apply:
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates are invited to log in to our website https://www.aatf-africa.org/aatf_jobs/stewardship-manager/ and submit their applications on or before 9 December 2019 to [email protected] and clearly indicate on the email subject Stewardship Manager
AATF is an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds and any other diversity groups to apply and become a part of our organization.
- Job City Nairobi