Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Site Manager (LSM), the Warehouse Supervisor ensures that general warehousing activities are properly carried out for a specific product family (e.g., economic security, water and habitat, medical or communication) in line with standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance of the warehouse as well as its infrastructure (pallets, shelving, electricity and water supply, lighting, heating, air-conditioning etc.).
- Authorizing mobilization of daily labors as needed and approving their pay sheets after Logistics Site Manager (LSM) final green light.
- Ensuring the smooth planning of deliveries, offloading of commodities as well as careful inspection of supplier deliveries in terms of quality and quantity against Purchase Order.
- Supervising the storekeepers and Skilled Worker in the goods reception, ensuring that ICRC standard procedures are respected, that quantity and quality control is seriously and fairly undertaken and that the flow of the reception of goods remains fluid.
- Ensuring supplier delivery announcements and notification to relevant authorities is done in time and transparently when needed.
- Ensuring that storekeepers apply adequate storage standards, proper distribution, and filling of ICRC Logistics documentation.
- Monitoring the condition of the stored commodities ensuring that adapted hygiene and warehousing standard levels are constantly applied (protection from heat, freezing, water, fire, dirt, and vermin)
- Ensuring FEFO and FIFO
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
Education and Experience Required
- University degree in a relevant field
- Computer literacy.
- Good command (Spoken and Written) of English.
- Four (4) years of work experience in a similar field.
- People Management experience.
Desired profile and Skills
- Proficiency in Material Management.
- Stock management and optimization.
- Digitization and Data management.
- Quality Document development.
- Hazard Identification and Risk Analysis.
- Warehouse Operation Management
- Send Curriculum vitae, and Certificates to [email protected]
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202200355 Warehouse Supervisor MIU” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be considered)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 06.02.2023, 16:30hrs. Late applications will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process