Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organisation that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia, and Kenya, AAH-I has over 20 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities including pastoralists and urban slum dwellers.
Our VISION is improved quality of life for livelihood-challenged communities in Africa.
Our MISSION is to support livelihood-challenged communities in Africa to sustainably improve their quality of life.
Our CORE VALUES:
- Compassion for livelihood-challenged communities
- Community-centred sustainable solutions
- Respect for all stakeholders
- Partnership with shared responsibilities
- Integrity in all that we do
- Efficiency in resource utilisation
- Innovation in programming
Our current five-year strategy (2014-2018) will focus on the following five strategic objectives:
- Developing, promoting and implementing innovative entrepreneurial and sustainable livelihood programmes.
- Designing and delivering sustainable basic services in partnership with livelihood-challenged communities.
- Facilitating humanitarian relief and recovery programmes for displaced and returnee populations to attain sustainable solutions.
- Strengthening the capacity of implementing partners for sustained service delivery and governance.
- Enhancing the capacity, efficiency, effectiveness and learning of AAH-I to innovatively deliver its Mission.
CROSS CUTTING issues
In all its programming, AAH-I aims to mainstream the following crosscutting issues:
- Gender equality and equity
- Population management and family health