This company has no active jobs
Link Community Development (Link) is a family of organisations working to transform education for children and communities across impoverished rural areas of Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Rwanda and Uganda through innovative, low-cost and replicable models.
The Need for Our Work
- Governments and schools rarely have access to accurate data to enable effective use of limited resources. We help build their capacity to improve data management and application.
- Reading skills can break the cycle of poverty. Children whose mothers can read are 50% more likely to live past age five. Link develops programmes for communities in need across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Weak school governance reduces community school ownership. Our School Performance Review gives citizens a voice, fostering a culture of transparency, trust and mutual accountability between communities and schools, enabling greater collective responsibility.
- Teachers are key to learning but recieve little professional development or support. We provide high quality teacher training and mentoring.
- Unsupportive cultural and societal norms exclude vulnerable children. We help education leadership develop and sustain inclusive practices.
- Rural African Schools can be over-crowded, unsafe and unconducive to learning. We help schools become child-friendly through safe infrastructure, sanitation facilities and child protection policies.