The Scottish Graduate School of Social Science is offering 6 ESRC funded postdoctoral fellowships, to be based at one their partner institutions.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: Fellowships are awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: The total cost for each fellowship can include the following:
- Fellow’s salary costs
- Indirect costs
- Estate costs
- Up to £10,000 of other costs (to include costs such as mentoring costs, travel and subsistence, conference attendance, training, and fieldwork, for example).
- No other costs are permitted. Each proposal will need to show these figures like 100% of full Economic Cost (FEC) and the ESRC will meet 80% FEC on the proposals submitted.
Number of Scholarships: Six fellowships are available.
Eligible Nationalities: Fellowships are available for International students.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The call is open to applicants who have completed their PhD at a research organisation that is part of a DTP or CDT and who are within 12 months of completing their PhD. At the submission deadline, the applicant must either have been awarded a PhD or have submitted their thesis and passed their viva voce with minor corrections, with the expectation that the PhD will be awarded by the fellowship start date.
Method of Application:
- Download the Stage 1 Application form
- Fill in the form with support from your Mentor
- Register with GrubHub
- Submit your Stage 1 Application to SGSSS by 3 December 2018
Scholarship Application Deadline: December 3, 2018