Creative Associates seeks a Budget and Oversight Component Lead (CL) for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Tunisia focused on legislative strengthening. The CL will be responsible for the overall planning, implementation, and management of Creative’s program that focuses on parliamentary budgeting and oversight. S/he supports the Chief of Party (COP) and the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to achieve the goals and objectives of the project in a quality, timely, and cost-effective manner. The position is located in Tunis, Tunisia.
Reporting and Supervision:
This position reports to the COP based in Tunis, Tunisia.
- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership and demonstrate intellectual ownership concerning parliamentary budgeting and oversight;
- Serve as the primary liaison with select committees within the Tunisian Parliament on management and technical matters related to Creative’s program;
- Supervise all activity implementation related to Creative’s program to ensure the results meets stated goals and reporting requirements;
- Take a leadership role in coordination among relevant stakeholders within and outside the parliament and implementing partners;
- Interact with numerous government institutions and senior-level national and local-level government officials;
- Oversee implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that project results and targets are met; and
- Work in partnership with the COP, HQ-based Project Director, engaging in frequent, routine communication with the Headquarters Office around the project’s progress and potential issues.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in relevant field is required; Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience working in relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience working with programs that are of similar scope to this activity is required (at least three (3) of these years must be in a managing position);
- Experience in working with parliamentarians and/or committees within parliaments to strengthening their role in budget-making and oversight is required, preferably with context knowledge of Tunisia;
- Experience with remote management of program activities in a highly insecure environment;
- Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming in strategic planning and implementation, and capacity building;
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English; and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience working with parliaments on budget making and oversight;
- capacity-building experience on legislative issues and/or helping parliamentarians and civil society organizations focused on legislative issues;
- Experience engaging women, youth, and marginalized groups to ensure their inclusion; and,
- Proficiency in written and spoken Arabic.
- Job City Tunis