Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) Sudan Monitoring Project (SMP). The purpose of the Sudan Monitoring Project (SMP) is to provide third-party monitoring and evaluation services for USAID BHA’s funded humanitarian program activities in Sudan. These services will prioritize monitoring, verifying, and analyzing trends in programs implemented in Sudan’s South Kordofan and Blue Nile regions (also referred to as the Two Regions) as Task One. The secondary services, or Task Two, will include monitoring, verification, and analysis of interventions implemented in other inaccessible states and/or localities in Sudan. The third service, or Task Three, would include an optional evaluation or set of evaluations that USAID/BHA will activate as needed.
**Please note: All citizenships are eligible for this position. Candidate must be willing to relocate to Cairo or Nairobi.**
MSI is seeking a Chief of Party with experience leading international development and/or humanitarian assistance projects. The Chief of Party will be responsible for all aspects of project, technical, financial and personnel management. The ideal candidate will oversee the completion of all deliverables required under the project as well as overall compliance with the contract. This work will involve team management, technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight, and client relations. The Chief of Party must have excellent oral and written communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, and team management skills.
- Responsible for leading program implementation and overseeing all technical and managerial decisions related to all project deliverables.
- Ensure the quality of the data collected in the field is valid and in line with the technical design of the project.
- Review and correct, if needed, all monitoring reports prior to submission to the MSI HQ and USAID.
- Communicate any monitoring activity shortcomings to relevant parties and take the appropriate steps to improve team performance when and where needed.
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of all project deliverables.
- Management of MSI’s team in the field, including office set-up, personnel recruiting and training.
- Coordinate with BHA and BHA Implementing Partners.
- Supervise both long and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts.
- Ensure quality oversight of all services rendered for the project, including those from short-term experts for data collection and other assignments.
- Coordinate with MSI home office on administrative, financial and technical activities, as needed.
- Represent MSI in meetings with senior USAID and implementing partner representatives.
- Support other program-related duties assigned by MSI HQ staff.
- Master’s degree in public administration, international relations, economics, business administration, law or a related field preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian, development, or transition field. Within the ten (10) years of experience, the Chief of Party must have at least five (5) years of experience managing teams and should have at least three years of experience working in conflict zones.
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation required.
- Previous experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones preferred.
- Previous experience managing third party monitoring projects, monitoring and evaluation support projects, or large-scale evaluations is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Sudan is highly desirable.
- Previous experience managing sub-contractors is required.
- Previous experience implementing a USAID-funded program is desirable.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party, or its equivalent preferred.
- English fluency required and Arabic skills are a plus.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
- Job City Nairobi