Chief of Party, USAID/South Sudan Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project, South Sudan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program office requires support to assist USAID/South Sudan to effectively monitor, evaluate, and relay information about funded interventions. The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible and demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for leading and managing the overall complex operations of the MESP project. The COP works closely with USAID/South Sudan’s Program Office, Mission technical offices, staff and management from other USAID implementing partner-operated activities, and representatives of the Government of South Sudan and other international donor stakeholders. The COP will also provide leadership to the MESP field staff and will build technical capacity of local experts. He/she will provide strategic leadership and direction on all project activities, including evaluations, assessments, and other projects as designated by USAID.
- Provide overall project strategic and operational direction, technical leadership and management.
- Achieve timely program results efficiently and in compliance with USAID and U.S. Government policies and procedures.
- Serve as the main point of contact for MESP with USAID/South Sudan, implementing partners, other donors, and the Government of South Sudan.
- Lead work planning, progress, oversight, operations, and project implementation.
- Provide expertise on the project’s learning, knowledge and adaptive management driven, and analytical activities.
- Mentor local staff to develop their capacity to actively contribute their expertise to MESP.
- Oversee project management systems for finance and administration, logistics, human resources and strategic operation.
- Ensure the completion of reports, evaluations, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet USAID quality control and assurance standards.
- A graduate degree in management, international development, or a related field, or significant comparable experience in building local staff and partner capacity and strategic planning.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in international development, including experience and technical knowledge in designing, managing, and evaluating multi-million-dollar development projects.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a COP or in a senior field management role such as Project Director, Regional Director or Country director, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Prior experience in supervising long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third-country, and local experts.
- Excellent English writing skills required.
- Significant experience in conflict/post-conflict environments.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
- Job City South Sudan