About the Company
Inkomoko supports entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in order to improve livelihoods, create jobs, and help communities thrive.
Founded in 2012, Inkomoko has worked with more than 60,000 entrepreneurs across East Africa, including thousands of refugee entrepreneurs. Inkomoko provides a combination of training, consulting, access to finance, and market-level systems change. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Africa.
Inkomoko has +300 staff in 20 offices across Rwanda, Kenya, and Ethiopia, and is expanding in 2023 into South Sudan. Through Inkomoko’s 2030 strategic plan, we are adding 4 additional countries to serve more than 550,000 entrepreneurs and growing our $30M loan fund.
All staff at Inkomoko are connected to a shared set of organizational values:
- Purpose: be solutions-oriented, produce high-quality work, be a global leader.
- Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you previously thought possible.
- Improvement: be humble, engage in continuous growth through open & accurate feedback.
- Bravery: willing to take risks, create a safe space for others, be compassionate, inclusive.
- We Eat Goat: we celebrate success and support each other in hard times. We do this work together in the spirit of turikumwe, tuko pamoja, abren nen, urang babarengan.
Inkomoko reflects the communities we serve. Displaced persons and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Opportunity and Responsibilities
The Inkomoko CEO is a big-idea, visionary who is highly communicative and enjoys working collaboratively. This is your chance to lead a dynamic, fast paced office of the CEO by providing project, people, and executive management support on a variety of high-impact projects. The Chief of Staff works closely with the CEO, to facilitate her deliverables, including direct leadership with the team in fundraising, strategy, Board management, comms, and government relations.
Specifically the positions responsibilities include:
- Office of the CEO people management: Manage the CEO’s direct reports to meet their deliverables in a more effective and innovative manner; serve as the air-traffic controller between the CEO and her direct reports and understand what is expected of them to deliver their outputs in a timely manner. Ideally, a successful candidate feels confident leading the Office of the CEO team to hit their targets, allowing the CEO to focus on mentorship, coaching, and leadership development of her office.
- Serve as a liaison and provide support to the Office of CEO: Arrange and handle all logistics, meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and external stakeholders; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists.
- Work with the senior leadership team in coordinating the CEO’s outreach activities and supporting the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
Who we are looking for
For this role, the successful candidate will be an absolute rock star with respect to:
- Communication & feedback: Be highly communicative, proactive in communication, and an excellent writer. An advocate of “Radical Candor” approach to care personally and challenge directly in communication style.
- Project management: Able to develop logical and detailed plans, budgets, and manage people and processes to reach outcomes.
- Efficient Multitasker: This office runs a lot of simultaneous initiatives, so the candidate must be able to toggle between various projects seamlessly. I work fast, and need someone who can keep up with my energy, hours, and turn-around time with good judgment.
- Technically skilled: Strong computer skills, and flows smoothly through both Google suite and database tools i.e Odoo .
- Impeccable integrity: Honesty, straight shooter, advocate for equality for vulnerable people, Zero tolerance for gross misconduct.
- Have 7+ years of experience in a leadership role managing 5+ people in senior-level positions with additional experience of directly reporting to a fast-paced executive-level leader.
- Enjoys highly collaborative work and can quickly pivot priorities based on the needs of the CEO
- Must love working in East Africa and be willing to travel throughout the region.
- Experience in a high-growth, mission-driven start-up is preferred.
What You’ll Get
This role is inside a high-growth, mission-driven social enterprise. By joining, you’ll access:
- Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth
- Diverse colleagues and policies that show our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Talented, passionate, and committed team colleagues across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact to your community
- Generous health insurance, staff savings, parental leave, sabbatical, and more benefits.
If you’re excited about this role, please submit your cover letter and CV and salary expectations via www.inkomoko.com/careers
Tell us about what you’ll bring to this growing company.
As a company we have policies in place that promote diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Employment is conditional upon successful background checks and other verification as needed.