Background and context
CAR continues to face tremendous humanitarian needs due to years of conflict and instability. In 2022, more than half of the population require humanitarian assistance (3,1 million people), and roughly 40% of the population fear for their safety. Over 600,000 live in protracted displacement and are dependent on humanitarian assistance and protection for survival, while over 2 million people face food insecurity and 1,4 million children in need of education.
NRC has been present in CAR since 2014 and currently employs 21 international staff and approximately 200 national staff. NRC operations cover a large geographic area with activities spread across strategic districts throughout the territory the West, in the Centre, and South Est and South West. NRC operates from three field offices in Berberati, Kaga Bandoro, and Alindao, and a country office in Bangui, the capital city.
The programme portfolio includes six core competencies: ICLA, Livelihood and Food Security, WASH, Shelter, Education as well as Protection programmes.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop Education CC strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support to the implementation team
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from CC implementation, and incorporate them in CC and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of Education staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Requirements and Competencies
- Minimum 4 years of Education experience within a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Education expertise (as Specialist/TA or Project Manager)
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiate action and change
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility. At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract: 12 months
- Grade: 9 in NRC’s grade structure.
- Duty station: Bangui with field visits
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 02/06/2022
- Job City Bangui