The Youth Connect activity is one of several activities supporting USAID’s Bridge project, devoted to addressing the development challenges at the nexus of countering violent extremism and resilience. The goal of the activity is to equip vulnerable young women and men in Niger with technical and life skills, networks, and capital for increased strategic economic opportunities. This objective supports the overall Bridge project purpose, which is to address critical unmet needs that are the main drivers of violent extremist recruitment in the Sahel: poor governance, lack of economic opportunity, and perceived exclusion from the benefits and services provided and facilitated by governments in the region.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurement of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation and compliance with USAID rules and regulations. S/he will also provide timely staff services and efficient office operations in the areas of: mail, inventory management, supplies and equipment maintenance.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Procurement Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party of Operations.
- Maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law;
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the needs of the project;
- Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency;
- Process procurements according to U.S. Government (USG) rules and regulations, as well as Creative procurement processes;
- Compile and review budgets, solicited quotations, negotiations, and analysis to recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees;
- Coordinate transportation and delivery of procurement and inventory;
- Respond to procurement requests related to supplies, materials for project activities;
- Verify deliveries are complete and done in a timely manner;
- Ensure prompt update of the procurement files into the procurement database, IDMS; and
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Provide oversight of vehicle logs, vehicle maintenance;
- Identify vehicle needs and review driver timesheets;
- Handle all email, mail and phone general inquiries and requests for information and materials;
- Collect project logistical updates for monthly organization report;
- Assist with ordering supplies and inventory, as needed;
- Assist with trip expense reports, photocopying, ordering books and materials as needed; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. High school diploma required;
- At least four (4) years of general work experience and two (2) years of experience relevant to this position;
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-funded programs;
- Strong knowledge of USG procurement rules and regulations;
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems;
- Strong communication skills;
- Medium level knowledge of spoken and written English desired; and
- Fluency in French.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
- Job City Niamey