The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 12 months
- CHAD’s knowledge of the context and local terrain has catalyzed partnerships with various reputable International and national non-governmental organizations. CHAD’s wealth of experience in program design and implementation has led to sustained engagements with communities, partners in the public and humanitarian sectors and has further resulted to steady contributions to sectoral objectives.
- Work alongside Project team in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the updating work plans and implementation strategies.
- Ensure activities implemented in line with project objectives, on time and with quality.
- Ensure clarity about roles and responsibilities among project stakeholders.
- Monitor and continuously assess the operating context and the project activities, and recommend changes in approach accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with CHAD operational policies and guidelines.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant stakeholders, particularly security stakeholders and community leaders.
- Oversee the production of project reports in a variety of formats (written, audio, video) as required by CHAD and the donor.
- Develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation plan in collaboration with North East M&E coordinator.
- Identify appropriate fora for the dissemination of project information and materials, and organize appropriate dissemination activities.
- Participate actively in the management processes of the team, including team meetings, sharing of information, context analysis, and strategy development.
- Participate actively in State level forums on issues related to the project, particularly the North East on integrated education for girls and vulnerable children.
- Network, to promote cross-learning and collaboration with other organizations
- Any other reasonable activities as determined by the line manager and/or management oversight
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- A Degree in Education or a related field of study.
- 2 – 4 years professional experience as Office Manager / Office Assistant.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling CHAD`s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of CHAD International
- Displays cultural, gender, religious, tribe, nationality, and age sensitive and adaptability
- Experience in strategy development and strategic planning
- Ability to develop and manage professional relationships
- Ability to develop capacity and competencies of staff and transfer skills.
- Proven experience in knowledge transfer and capacity development
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work with the government and donor counterpart
- Excellent networking skills
- Spoken and written language skills in English is required.
- Proven experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams is required.
- Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to contribute to complex technical assistance programmes/projects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to appreciate cultural and ethnic diversity
- Excellent diplomacy and persuasion skills
Applications Closing Date
26th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Job City Maiduguri, Borno