The International Potato Center (CIP) is looking for a dynamic and experienced Research Technician I.
About the role: Research Technician I will assist in managing the field activities in the CIP breeding and pre-breeding plots at UON Kabete and Nyandarua as well as managing and coordinating activities at the KEPHIS.
- Participate in the identification, monitoring, and evaluation of potato breeding sites
- Supervising field casuals during potato planting, weeding, spraying, and harvesting
- Managing tuber seed multiplication in greenhouse
- Managing the Diffuse Light Store on daily basis
- Assist in data collection in the potato breeding fields in different locations
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of a diploma in agriculture.
- At least one year of experience in research potato field activities.
- Able to write technical reports, prepare tables, and interpret the results.
- Basic knowledge of database work for data collection.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Intermediate level of MS Office.
- Able to ride a motorbike.
- A valid driving license.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
What are we offering?
- Excellent working environment.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
What are the conditions?
The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Kenya nationals and permanent residents only. The employment contract will be for 1 year (with a 3-month probation period) possibility of renewal, subject to availability of funding.
Visit the following link and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on October 5, 2022 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position WILL NOT have contact with children or vulnerable adults.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
- Job City Nairobi