Creative Associates seeks a Resource Mobilization, Budget and Service Delivery Technical Director for an upcoming donor-funded governance activity in Burkina Faso. Under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Resource Mobilization, Budget and Service Delivery Technical Director will work closely with the Community and Government Co-Creation and Capacity Development Director and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor to provide design and support activities that build the capacity of Burkinabe national and local government institutions to mobilize resources, improve budgeting and financial management and planning for the improvement of services. S/he will provide inputs for the program planning, monitoring and evaluation, training, activity implementation, deployment and development, and building and maintaining relations with government officials, donor personnel, sub-contractors, and partners to ensure program goals are met.
- The Government of Burkina Faso, particularly at the local level, is able to efficiently and effectively provide services to address the needs of its community.
- Citizens, local and community-based organizations and groups have the capacity to advocate for their needs and constructively communicate with government.
- Citizens and the state regularly engage in productive dialogue officials.
Has worked with key institutions on the fiscal and administrative decentralization, especially as it relates to different aspects of accountability, incentives for resource mobilization, and system improvements. S/He will have knowledge of the legal status of decentralization and have worked with various line ministries on improvements of service delivery.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Resource Mobilization, Budget and Service Delivery Director reports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- In close cooperation with the Chief of Party (COP) and DCOP, builds and maintains relations with partner organizations to ensure effective program implementation;
- Ensure coordination with RISE II and BRIDGE implementing partners and other non-U.S. Government development actors, to ensure complementary support to BFGA host institutions;
- Provides technical inputs for and assist in preparing all deliverables as required by COP/DCOP;
- Develop synergies between the program, partners, and other programs financed by USAID, government authorities, and others working on good governance or resilience efforts in Burkina Faso;
- Provide technical inputs that achieve results of Objective 1, and complement and improve the likelihood of achieving results for Objective 2 and 3;
- Supervises the development and implementation of Objective 1 activities, sets targets and monitors timelines in order to ensure the timely completion and closure of activities;
- Advises and assists a team of technical experts and program officers in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program activities;
- Ensures that project deliverables are submitted to the COP/DCOP on time and in accordance with donor procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the COP.Qualifications
- Minimum of an advanced degree in finance, social sciences, conflict resolution, law, political science, international development, or a related field;
- At least six (6) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development and local governance activities, preferably under a USAID contract or cooperative agreement – four (4) years of which shall have been in senior management including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
- Intimate familiarity with donor rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated experience building local and national institutional capacity to independently implement effective and accountable program activities;
- Experience coordinating sensitive program activities in coordination with high-level government officials, including embassy staff, the client, host country government ministries, and other key stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French; and
- Oral and written communication skills in English preferred.
- Job City Ouagadougou