Chemonics seeks a chief of party (COP) for the anticipated USAID Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activity in Senegal. The purpose of this new activity is to increase sustainable access to improved sanitation and water services while increasing consumer demand. The COP will be the primary representative of Chemonics and the WASH Activity, liaising with USAID and Government of Senegal officials and forging alliances with businesses, non-governmental organizations, and key stakeholders. This position will be based in Dakar, Senegal.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide high level strategic vision, leadership, technical direction, and management oversight for all program activities and results
- Serve as a key liaison with USAID, the Government of Senegal, project stakeholders and implementing partners, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Apply in-depth and multi-sectoral technical expertise in the program, ensuring an integrated vision among various components and focus on achieving results
- Develop and implement annual work plans and budgets reflecting the needs and priorities of USAID, partner government ministries, and other relevant stakeholders
- Oversee operations of the project office in-country in accordance with established Chemonics policies and procedures, including human resources, procurement, grants, finance and administration, and subcontracting
- Work across teams to ensure the perspectives and voices of women, youth, and underrepresented or underserved groups are integral to the activity’s implementation
- Supervise senior technical and administrative staff to ensure quality control and overall responsiveness of services provided under the contract
- Ensure the use of appropriate management tools to plan, organize, and monitor costs and resources to achieve project objectives
- Advanced degree in international affairs, international development, water management, global public health, or another relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience in the water, sanitation, and hygiene sector that showcases increasing managerial responsibility
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a senior management role leading large, international donor-funded projects in developing countries; prior experience working with USAID programs in Senegal or West Africa preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing complex contracts and agreements, USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and maintain internal and external relationships with stakeholders, partners, and staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Financial management skills, including budgeting and budget management
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French (required)
Please send an email with your updated CV, cover letter, and the contact information of three professional references attached and “Chief of Party (COP) Senegal WASH Activity” in the subject line to Mr. Luca DiDomenico at [email protected] by March 17, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data.
- Job City Dakar