Space for Giants
Space for Giants is an international conservation organisation that protects Africa’s remaining natural ecosystems and the mega-fauna they contain, whilst bringing major economic and social value to local communities and national governments. Everywhere Space for Giants works – in Botswana, Gabon, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Mozambique a and the Kavango Zambezi Transfrontier Conservation Area – it is able to bring an integrated approach to partnership that draws on science and research and best-practices in combating human-wildlife conflict, wildlife law enforcement and justice, conservation investment and protected area planning and management. Our Communications and Marketing Department is focused on telling these stories to reach new audiences and existing partners and donors with informative stories on conservation. Space for Giants is headquartered in Kenya, works in eleven countries in Africa, and is registered as a charity in the UK and a 501c3 non profit in the US.
Scope of Work
Space for Giants is looking for a highly motivated and personable individual to support the execution of the overall marketing strategy and implementation, with a strong focus on digital channels and systems. Experience working in the conservation or non-profit sector is highly desired.
Play a critical role in executing overall marketing and communications strategy, including overall systems support, monitoring metrics, and sharing data-driven results. Specifically:
- Provide technical systems support for main organizational communications and fundraising systems:
- Salesforce, donor and audience CRM, including account management of our technical implementation partner
- Manage Space for Giants website and DonorBox
- Company website including newsletter sign-ups and Donorbox payment processing
- Google Analytics and Google Ads Grant to ensure we are maximising ROI
- Pardot including email management
- SEO (including back-links etc)
- Define, execute, analyze, and optimize A/B and multivariate tests on social media marketing channels, websites and search engines.
- Regular digital engagement with followers to help build our community of supporters:
- Manage day to day outreach, 1:1 with individual givers through online and offline channels including phone, email, skype, FaceBook, WhatsApp, WeChat; refer to team members when personalized follow up needed to personally thank and cultivate individual donors.
- Provide Marketing & Comms team with online donor information and analytics to help target online campaigns and mechanisms for people to donate.
- Help plan and execute digital fundraising campaigns and acquisitions:
- Work closely with both Marketing & Communications and Fundraising teams to help cultivate online donors
- Research potential of donors to better understand individual donor capability and interest; flag and cultivate those donors with potential to give above $5k/year
- Personally thank and engage with donors to help deepen their sense of connection and ongoing support
- Contribute innovative tactics and ideas for digital engagement for key audiences
- Gather and regularly update project monitoring templates and analytics reports to support monitoring, measurement and evaluation of fundraising efforts and digital engagement.
- Minimum four years experience in the non-profit sector or relevant conservation sector
- Proven experience of delivering successful integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
- Experience with digital systems and databases, SEO and social media engagement.
- Fluent in English with exemplary written and communication skills, ideal to also have French and/or Portuguese
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and organised
- Ability to multitask and handle a fast paced environment and work well with a small team, goal orientated, highly flexible and adaptable to change
Place of Work
Reporting and Delivery
The position will report to Marketing and Communications Team Lead
Targeted start date
How to apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience, you should apply by emailing your application to [email protected] Indicate “Digital Marketing Officer” in the subject line of your email. Your application should include:
- An application letter, and a curriculum vitae.
- Any samples of relevant work or links to published work, social media accounts or campaigns run
Application Deadline: 31/01/2021- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Job City Nanyuki