Pause and Reflect Facilitator, USAID West Africa’s Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adapting (PELA), Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is seeking two facilitators with experience in leading pause and reflect workshops, for a workshop funded by USAID West Africa’s Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adapting (PELA) Activity. The purpose of this activity is to support USAID/West Africa (USAID/WA) to be a more effective, efficient and adaptable operating unit in achieving the development objective of strengthening systems of non-violent conflict management in West Africa. This is a 2.5-month, part time consultancy beginning on or about August 19th, 2019.
- Pre-workshop preparation, to include interviewing staff and setting an appropriate agenda for a pause and reflect workshop for one of USAID/WA’s implementing partners
- Facilitate the pause and reflect workshop in West Africa (specific location TBD)
- Prepare a post-workshop report that summarizes the workshop and identifies lessons, challenges, and outcomes of the workshop
- Must have facilitated at least 2 pause and reflect workshops or other similar workshops for USAID programs
- Must be fluent in French and English
- Must be available to travel to West Africa for at least 2 weeks (tentative dates: October 28 –November 10th)
- Knowledge of Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Cameroon and Chad
- Familiarity with Countering Violent Extremism (CVE), stabilization, improving governance, or conflict resolution preferred
- Previous experience conducting workshops in sub-Saharan Africa preferred
- Master’s degree with 1+ years or bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of professional experience required
- Degrees in international development, politics and governance, peacebuilding, security studies, international development, organizational psychology, or related field preferred
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
- Job City Côte d'Ivoire